Posts tagged ‘camera degli sposi mantova’
The House of Gonzaga ruled Mantua and close-by town from 1300 to 1700 AC. Renaissance found in Gonzagas strong supporters: the wealthy family sponsored architects and painters to decorate the region of Mantua with palaces, galleries and theaters among the most beautiful in Italy.
The Gallery of the Ancients (1584 AC), Sabbioneta
The covered market (1536 AC), Mantua
The equestrian staircase up to Mantegna’s Bridal chamber (1465 AC), Mantua
The Grand Corridor (1584 AC), Sabbioneta
Entrance to Gonzaga’s ducal palace (1328 AC), Mantua
Click each picture to zoom in.