Posts tagged ‘Säntis photo reportage’
The Säntis (Switzerland) cablecar brings you above the clouds after an impressive climb along its massive glacier. To survive on Alps in winter you should not forget what I forgot:
– sun glasses
– sun cream
– thin warm gloves
About photo gears, I was the only photographer up there without
I had them, but their profile is to high for my new lenses and give strong vignetting.
Despite 5 of the most important points were not respected, I had plenty of battery, three different light meterings to test and several memory cards. This (and HDR and photo retouch) helped to have material for this new artborghi gallery on flickr.com : click it and enjoy the show!
Additionally, you can give a look to the panorama pictures made out of this gorgeous Alpine day by clicking here
Click on post pictures first and on the opened new tab after to zoom and give a look to the several hi-res panorama I shot on Säntis (CH) . Below a few hints:
– use the D800 tilt indicator to get parallel pictures
– fix the focus on the subject (i.e. after focusing switch to M)
– work on A priority with f/7.1 or more to get all in focus
– Quickly downsize your Fx pictures with XnView or similar to 5000px x 3333px (with less than 16 GB ram try as low as 1600px x 1068px) .
– Stitch the resized pictures with Hugin
– Tilt / crop the panorama picture with a photo editor (vertical and horizontal lines in long panoramas can be difficult … find what was corrected in this additional panorama)
– Adjust the HDR toning if you use it like in the first post picture (click it for a larger hi-res view)
– In case no colour adjustment does satisfy you, don’t forget about B&W conversion.
– Load your pictures on zoom.it
For low-res (fast download) plus pan and zoom views, click on the zoom.it links below: