Nikon SB-700 on Nikon D800: never again without external flash, first impressions on SB-700
I recently bought the SB-700 for my Nikon D800, as I could need it for reporting indoor, evening events in Zurich. Although I still need to learn how to use a flash, the full automatism of the SB-700 makes it a wonderful learning item. Its remote control under command of the internal D800 flash makes it a very interesting toy to experiment with lights. Let’s the game begin!
No flash (center up) suffers from high ISO and incandescent lights.
D800 flash (center down) is flat and gives a terrible shadow on the backgrond
In all the other cases I moved the SB-700 in different positions around my favourite model (FL = front left; BR = back right). Waiting forward to test the flash on humans!
Click to magnify and appreciate the detail differences. All pictures 100 % crops of originals.
artborghi hands-on: the Expertshield screen protectors for D800
Expertshield contacted me a couple of months ago to test the screen protectors they produce for the Nikon D800. It is one month now my D800 has the Expertshield screen protectors on. I do not notice their presence and I often carry my camera without bag: thus, my D800 screen has now a invisible screen protector against scratches: thumbs up!
Pros of Expertshield screen protectors:
– Step-by-step instructions.
– Everything inclusive, even the cloth to wipe the screen
– Two screen protectors per kit, one for the LCD, one for the top screen.
– Completely transparent, you will forget having it on your camera.
– Size-wise, the Expertshield screen protectors are slightly smaller than the camera screens: if this bothers you, keep in mind they are produced so to allow for easier fitting.
Top (left) and main screen (right) with Expertshield screen protectors on. A thin 1 mm border is visible on both screens (click to magnify).
Curious to try them out? Here is the link to the Expertshield shop to buy D800 screen protectors!