Not exactly the “perfect storm” … but some lightnings nevertheless!
How clever would you feel in the middle of a storm holding a carbon tripod?
The interval timer is a luxury, but setting up the proper exposure time was not easy.
Nécessaire for the event:
– plastic bags for head & camera
– tissue to remove rain drops every now and then from the lens
– wide lens to capture as much sky as possible
– interval timer shooting every 13 secs with exposure 10 secs long to have no gaps
– memory cards (out of 180 pictures, 4 were with lightnings)
… maybe the next one will be a perfect storm!
I love the last item: luck! So very true. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
You cannot imagine how many wonderful, perfect, huge lightnings came down on the opposite side … and of course rotating the camera had the same effect of changing lane in a traffic jam 😀
Wow! You are really professional;)
Because I came back from the roof top alive 😀 ?
Great Pictures. They remind me of the storms I saw as a kid in Northern Canada! Thanks for Sharing.
So that’s da place to go for real lightnings.. I will keep it in mind!