These are the Minoans!
Minoans are the oldest population of Crete and are proposed as the founders of the first European advanced civilization. Crete and the island of Santorini preserve Minoan traces from 3500 BC to present days. Art habits and religion of Minoan were later absorbed by the Mycenaean (Greek) culture.
In the palace of Knossos, red bull fresco, a labyrinth reminder
Inside king Minos palace of Knossos
Vase tombs from the Minoan civilization
Phaistos Disc with its undecipherable message
This is the new episode of the reportage Crete:Kingdom of Candia. Click each picture to open it full size. Previous episode(s):
1. Once upon the time in the Kingdom of Candia
2. Gramvousa ochre and turquoise
4. Go West: Falassarna shores of Crete
5. Balos lagoon, a royal beauty
6. Balos, all the colors of water
7. Visitors (or not) in the Mediterranean Sea
8. The only good nation is Imagination
13. A lucky underwater encounter