Click on post pictures first and on the opened new tab after to zoom and give a look to the several hi-res panorama I shot on Säntis (CH) . Below a few hints:
– use the D800 tilt indicator to get parallel pictures
– fix the focus on the subject (i.e. after focusing switch to M)
– work on A priority with f/7.1 or more to get all in focus
– Quickly downsize your Fx pictures with XnView or similar to 5000px x 3333px (with less than 16 GB ram try as low as 1600px x 1068px) .
– Stitch the resized pictures with Hugin
– Tilt / crop the panorama picture with a photo editor (vertical and horizontal lines in long panoramas can be difficult … find what was corrected in this additional panorama)
– Adjust the HDR toning if you use it like in the first post picture (click it for a larger hi-res view)
– In case no colour adjustment does satisfy you, don’t forget about B&W conversion.
– Load your pictures on zoom.it
For low-res (fast download) plus pan and zoom views, click on the zoom.it links below: