A lucky underwater encounter
Underwater, while snorkeling 1 km away from the shores of Agia Fotia (Lybian sea), non human eyes gazed at me.
A turtle was behind me: Caretta caretta first time encounter in my life.
I followed its trail, with its slow and peaceful underwater cruising
It pointed to the surface to quickly breath air above the surface…
…and then it disappeared in the blue abysses south of Fotia
This is the new episode of the reportage Crete:Kingdom of Candia. Click each picture to open it full size. Previous episode(s):
1. Once upon the time in the Kingdom of Candia
2. Gramvousa ochre and turquoise
4. Go West: Falassarna shores of Crete
5. Balos lagoon, a royal beauty
6. Balos, all the colors of water
7. Visitors (or not) in the Mediterranean Sea
8. The only good nation is Imagination